Isetta in Brighton

Brighton’s most famous vehicle workshop was the BMW Isetta assembly plant at The Locomotive Works, next to Brighton Station. Production started in the ex-locomotive shed on 23rd April 1957 (so the advert below, in Scootering & Three Wheeler magazine of November, 1957m was one of its first).

The Works had poor road access, but excellent rail connections. So the components were delivered by rail from Germany, and the completed cars exited similarly by train.

isettaplan.jpg

The factory was later relocated to Victoria Road, Portslade, Brighton, until production finished in 1964.

brightonbmw.jpg

See David Wilson’s original article (UK Isetta Club) by clicking HERE

Advertisements
Published in: on April 12, 2007 at 9:33 am  Leave a Comment  

The URI to TrackBack this entry is: https://maicomobi.wordpress.com/2007/04/12/isetta-in-brighton/trackback/

%d bloggers like this: